How Pilates can help you
Pilates is an amazing tool whether it be to help with your fitness, increase your mobility or help you recover from an injury. It can help increase your balance and works your entire body at a level which is appropriate for you.
Some of the surprising benefits include helping with stress management. The original creator of Pilates wanted to focus on the mind-body connection. By practicing Pilates you can increase awareness to your body and your movement. This allows you the awareness to sit better, stand better and move with more ease.
A large proportion of our team are Physiotherapists and our entire team have undergone extensive Pilates training and post graduate study. As a team we participate in regular professional development across all areas and even collect data for research, so we know what we do works!
Within the team we have clinicians who specialise in all areas including women’s health, oncology, degenerative conditions, strength and conditioning and of course, sports injuries and back pain. We believe in finding the right instructor for you, whether this be in classes or as a 1:1.
Are you unsure whether to sign up for a 1:1 or book a group class? Do you have an injury or have you been struggling with anything during lockdown? Are you wanting to get back into the gym but don’t want to hurt yourself? Or maybe you want to find a something which will supplement your training?
Our 1:1s are fantastic if you need a little more support. The best parts:
- They are for everyone, even if you have an acute injury or have had surgery.
- We offer physio-led Pilates which ensures you progress.
- We collect objective data so that you can see how you are improving.
We offer a wide range of classes to suit all needs. They are great if:
- You need a little more flexibility due to children being at home.
- You want to be able to do several sessions a week which include mobility, a back to basics session for form or to push yourself.
- You want a class run by physios.
- You want to supplement your current training.
In the free consultation we will talk to you about which class, or instructor may be best for you so that you get the results you want.